‘Integrative Strategies for Managing Hypermobility Disorders & Related Conditions, Restoring Function & Living Well’
About EDS Wellness’ 2018 Webinar Education Program:
EDS Wellness’ 2018 video webinar series and education program was developed with vision and mission in mind – to provide virtual and in-person health and continuing medical EDUCATION on all hypermobility disorders and related conditions, to facilitate proper DIAGNOSIS, ensuring better patient outcomes, and to develop and implement research-based SOLUTIONS to help patients restore function and live well. Learn more.
Our 2018 educational initiative launched on January 9th, 2018 with a motivating, self-empowering presentation and discussion with Rachel Carey-McElwaney of Emerging Lotus Coaching. Rachel’s professional focus is on success coaching for teenagers and young adults and her interactive presentation and discussion was a great success. The ‘Integrative Strategies for Managing Hypermobility Disorders & Related Conditions, Restoring Function & Living Well’ program will continue throughout 2018, offering 1-2 video webinars per month via the Zoom video broadcasting platform. Presentations are no charge, but do require registration. A full listing of upcoming events can be found here. All upcoming events are posted under Events on the EDS Wellness Facebook Page. 2018 webinar recordings and materials are available through EDS Wellness’ new eLearning platform & “virtual classroom.” A Team EDS Wellness Membership is required to access recordings from the 2018 webinar program. To learn more, go to Learn with EDS Wellness.
To receive updates and information about our upcoming events, notifications of recordings, and more, please sign up for the EDS Wellness email list and newsletter – go to http://edswellness.org/subscribe/.
DONATE to Help Support EDS Wellness’ 2018 Video Webinar Series! Donate Direct HERE.
You Can Also Donate to Help Support Any of Our Other Initiatives (mentioned above), by going to DONATIONS. To Learn About Other Donation Options HERE. Or, Become an EDS Wellness Corporate or Nonprofit Partner or Sponsor.
**If making a donation to a specific program or initiative, or in honor of someone, please make note when donating. Thank you!**
2018 Video Webinar Program Upcoming Topics and Guest Hosts/Speakers:
February 2018 – Eloise Stager, CST-D (Craniosacral Therapy) & Jyothi Rao, MD (Gut Health & Chronic Illness)
March 2018 – Barby Ingel of The International Pain Foundation (Healthy Strategies for Living with Chronic Pain) & Brianna Greenspan (Intro to ‘The Miracle Morning’)
April 2018 – Lawrence Afrin, MD (Mast Cell Activation Disorders) & To Be Announced
May 2018 – Brianna Greenspan with Special Guest (The Art of Positive Affirmations & The Journey to Wellness) & To Be Announced
June 2018 – December 2018 (specific event dates have not been posted) – Delia Chiaramonte, MD (Parenting the Hypermobile/EDS Child), Tania Dempsey, MD (Mast Cell Activation Disorders – Lesson 2). Pamela Stratton, MD (Endometriosis & Chronic Pelvic Pain), Jennifer Ortiz, PT (Physical Therapy for Chronic Pelvic Pain & Pelvic Floor Dysfunction) & More!
Additional Topics of Focus (not confirmed or guaranteed to be presented on):
- Patient-Provider Communication Strategies – How to Talk to Your Healthcare Provider, How to Have an Effective First Meeting with a New or Potential Provider on Your Healthcare Team, and Preparing for Appointments and Medical Information Organization
- Occupational Therapy
- Evidence Basis for Mindfulness & Other Mind-Body Strategies for the Managing Chronic Pain & Living Well
- Healing Histamine – Nutritional Therapies, Using Food as Medicine & Natural Ways to Decrease Inflammation
- A Child Psychologist’s Perspective – Hypermobility in Children and More
- Integrative Cardiology for the Management of Dysautonomia and POTS
- Hypermobility Hacks for Sitting, Moving More and Living Well
- Move Your DNA – You Are How You Move. How a Movement Based Lifestyle, Restorative Exercise & Natural Movement Principles Can Help Restore Function, Decrease Pain and Allow You to Live Well
- Drug Metabolism & Psychiatric Misdiagnosis in EDS and Other Hypermobility Related Disorders
- The Umbrella of Hypermobility Related Disorders – What are they and Where do You Fall?
- Connecting the Dots a Few Years Later – GI Dysfunction & the Missing Link Between MCAS, EDS and Related Conditions
- Pregnancy & High-Risk Considerations
- Genetic Testing & the Role of Genetic Counselors
- Why You Shouldn’t Be Afraid When Counseling is Suggested – An Updated Review of Psychological Therapies (i.e. EMDR & BioFeedback), the Connection to Chronic Illness, Evidence-based Strategies for Finding Mind-Body Homeostasis, and Tips on Finding the Right Therapist for You
- EDS/Hypermobile Kids – Educational & School Resources
- Ophthalmology & Neuro-Opthamology Conditions in Hypermobility Disorders & EDS
- Updates on Surgical Techniques – Scarring, Infection Risks and Considerations for Optimal Healing
- Skincare/Cosmetics/Sensitive skin – Choosing Products for Sensitive Skin & Tips for Getting Ready When You Do Not Feel Well
- Hearing & ENT Conditions in Hypermobility & EDS
- “You Are Just Too Sensitive!” – How Being an Empath, “Highly Sensitive,” or Being Diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) is an asset and how they *may* relate to hypermobility disorders.
- Integrative Approaches to Urological Conditions Related to Hypermobility Disorders, EDS and HSD (ie. Interstitial Cystitis and More!)
- Endocrinology and Hormonal Issues
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Complementary and Alternative Approaches to Chronic Pain, Headaches and Symptom Management
- Essential Oils & Herbs for Stress Management & Chronic Pain
- Strategic Life Hacks
- Healing the Hypermobile Brain – Living in a Daze, Seeing Life Through a Constant Haze and Navigating the Never-ending Maze.