Thank you to everyone who participated in our “Just 5 Minutes” class on Monday. I appreciate the comments and feedback because it helps me help you and provide resources and programs that do make a difference. Because we are all so different, helping one person makes everything I do worth it.
We have another class today at 11:30am (EST)! See the registration link below and join us!
These classes will get better over time, but here are a few takeaways from Monday’s class:
1. I will have two video points – one closer up and one father away for the movement part of the classes.
2. I will not turn the video when recording again. 😉 The good thing is that I was able to edit the video and turn the 2nd half right side up. The full edited recording is uploaded to YouTube, and I’ve included the link below.
3. Will work on my 12-year-old camera man’s ability not to make us all seasick. Can’t make promises, but I can make sure that I never take the video off of the tripod. 😉
4. Always remember to go at your pace and to listen to your body. Not all exercises, even simple ones, are suitable for all of us. The point of these classes is to have resources, gain additional information, and then tailor what you learn to what works best for you.
EDS Wellness, nor I, assume any risk for exercises or movements viewers attempt on their own. I am not a provider, nor can I see you be able what you are doing and if you are doing a specific exercise or movement safely. When in doubt, just watch and listen. And always ask your healthcare provider or PT about any concerns that you may have or before you begin a new type of exercise or movement that you’ve not done before.
5. For future classes, please make sure to register via – http://edswellness.wpengine.com/index.php/one-week-class-schedule/
Or, download the EDS Wellness App to register for the “Just 5 Minutes” classes – http://edswellness.wpengine.com/index.php/eds-wellness-app/).
While these classes are live and free, if no one is registered, I will not know if there are topics that people want to be covered or if anyone is planning to participate.
1. Classes are scheduled at 11 am Monday, Wednesday & Friday each week. Time is 11 am EST, but sometimes are moved to the afternoon around 3 pm, like today. Please submit a comment on your preferred time – 11 am EST or 3 pm EST. If most people prefer 3 pm to 11 am, then I will move the class time permanently.
2. Provide one topic or movement you would like covered in a “Just 5 Minutes” class.
Please remember, classes are held live on the EDS Wellness Facebook page – you can see me, but I can’t see you. The purpose is to find motivation and ways to move for “just 5 minutes” a day.
Resources and good props to have at home that I shared on Monday’s class:
– Half dome foam roller Isokinetics Inc. Brand Black High-Density Foam Rollers – Extra Firm – 6″ x 12″ HALF … https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M11R2XY/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_-GJrybKSHH75V
– Yoga pad for knees SukhaMat Yoga Knee Pad – NEW! 15mm Thick – The best yoga knee pad for a pain-free or… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QPJ4VGE/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_UAJryb4PY92TV
– Move Your DNA: Restore Your Health Through Natural Movement by Katy Bowman https://www.amazon.com/dp/0989653943/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_wcMrybDVFYCW7
– Edited “Just 5 Minutes” Class 1 video on YouTube – https://youtu.be/bHX7Rad3sFo (and also embedded below)
Thank you again for your support and participation! Registration and EDS Wellness App links are listed again below.
Register to join us – it’s free!
Download the EDS Wellness App!