EDS Wellness was thrilled and humbled to have received approval for 15 Continuing Medical Education Credits (CMEs) for the attendees of our 2017 Physicians Learning Conference – our 1st official physicians learning conferences an approved 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. A pretty incredible start to the work we plan to do and a testimony to the work that we have already done and are currently doing!
Information on our CME approval and on how attendees and speakers of the 2017 Physicians Learning Conference can submit for retroactive credit is provided below. Additionally, we’ve included links to other continuing medical education and professional opportunities as well. You can review the list of organizations that accept AAFP’s prescribed credits here or see below. Information on the AAFP Credit System can be found by visiting AAFP Credit System FAQ. Questions or concerns related to our conferences, conference materials, or to EDS Wellness, please email [email protected]. Questions or issues concerning retroactive approval for your CME activity or other CME-related matters, please contact AAFP directly: 1-800-274-2237 ext. 6591 or [email protected].
Because EDS Wellness is a growing organization, projects, and even simple tasks such as emails, often take more time than anticipated or promised. We cannot thank everyone enough for your patience, understanding, and support! Currently, we are working to finalize all materials from the physicians learning conference (and Wellapalooza 2017). As soon as we have received all edited videos back, have uploaded all the presentation slides and presentation recordings, we will post details and links. The current estimate we’ve received from our video editor is sometime towards the end of next week — bearing no major editing or upload issues. Attendees and speakers of our 2017 Physicians Learning Conference will receive an email with all materials, as promised. We are continuing to develop and build upon our strong foundation, while also working towards the completion of several large and long-standing projects. We are also working towards new initiatives, such as establishing telemedicine opportunities, a funding program to help patients with out-of-pocket costs to see providers in our community, holding additional continuing medical education activities, and conducting research on integrative therapies to help patients live well.
Additionally, we have submitted for approval to use the materials from the 2017 Physicians Learning Conference as an “enduring” CME credit for healthcare providers — i.e. available online and on an ongoing basis. We expect to receive an initial “pending approval” soon; however, we are anticipating the need to submit additional information and the quizzes required before each online CME activity receives final approval. All online-approved continuing medical education activities, conference recordings, patient education video series, recordings of our online classes and more, will be available through our e-learning platform on the EDS Wellness website. We are excited to add even more resources to our newly reorganized & soon-to-be-launched website — including our new online learning platform!
Again, for questions or concerns related to our conferences, conference materials, or to EDS Wellness, please email [email protected]. Thoughts or suggestions that you would like to share? Go here to submit comments, suggestions or ideas easily through our contact form.
Last, a huge thank you to our collaborative nonprofit partners, our sponsors, our speakers, Dr. Delia Chiaramonte, member of EDS Wellness’ Board of Directors, and the University of Maryland’s Department of Complementary Medicine and Integrative Medicine for an amazing collaboration which helped us provide CMEs at our 2017 Physicians Learning Conference!
2017 Physicians Learning Conference CME Submission Update:
“This Live activity, 2017 Physicians Learning Conference, with a beginning date of 06/10/2017, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 13.00 Prescribed and 2.00 Elective credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.”
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s) toward the AMA Physicians Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed, not as Category 1. AFP members may report CME credit by either online, phone or
Submitting for CME Credit:
CME AFP members may report CME credit by either online, phone or mail. Information on the AAFP Credit System can be found by visiting AAFP Credit System FAQ. Questions or issues concerning retroactive approval for your CME activity or other CME-related matters, please contact AAFP directly: 1-800-274-2237 ext. 6591 or [email protected].
Organizations that accept AAFP CME credits:
A list of organizations that accept American Academy of Family Physicians’ CME credits can be found on the AAFP.org website as well. “AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the following organizations. Please contact them directly about how participants should report the credit they earned.” Read more by going to http://www.aafp.org/cme/creditsys/about/credit-statements/health-professional-organizations-agreement.html. If your organization is not listed, it’s suggested that you reach out directly to your professional organization to inquire about receiving approval of CMEs from EDS Wellness 2017 Physicians Learning Conference. If conference attendance documentation is needed, please email [email protected].
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP)
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM)
- American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM)
- American Board of Preventative Medicine (ABPM)
- American Board of Urology (ABU)
2017 Physicians Learning Conference-Related Links:
- Link to image gallery from 2017 Physicians Learning Conference
- Online learning link to 2017 Conference Presentation Recordings & Presentation Slides (coming soon!
- The Global Alliance for Hypermobility Spectrum Disorders Providers (GAHSDP) – pending possible name change. If you have questions about our professional network and online forum, or if you would like to join, please email [email protected].
- Post – ‘Update on CME credits offered as part of EDS Wellness’ 2017 Physicians Learning Conference/’
- ‘EDS Wellness is Teaming Up with the Hypermobility Syndromes Association and The Coalition Against Pediatric Pain to Raise Awareness about Hypermobility Spectrum Disorders (HSD), Ehlers-Danlos syndromes (EDS) and Related Conditions on the Heels of EDS Awareness Month’
- 2017 Physicians Conference PR Statement PDF & Link to PR Statement on PR Web
- Pre-2017 Physicians Conference Post – ‘Today We Celebrate How Far We’ve Come, Our Journey to Get Here, and a Brighter Future that We are Helping to Create’
- Day 1 Post – ‘Day 1- EDS Wellness’ 2017 Physicians Learning Conference’
- Day 2 Post – ‘Day 2 – EDS Wellness’ 2017 Physicians Learning Conference’
- Post – ‘Helpful Resources and Links: Understanding the 2017 Ehlers-Danlos syndromes (EDS) and Hypermobility Spectrum Disorders (HSD) Diagnostic Criteria’
- Provide Us Your Feedback on Our Conferences (or anything else) and Join EDS Wellness in creating a multiorganizational and collaborative community to effect global change! Go here to submit comments, suggestions or ideas easily through our contact form.
- Interested in volunteering for EDS Wellness? Or, would you like to speak or hold a workshop at a future event? If so, please submit fill out our online volunteer application.
- Link to event page 2017 Physicians Learning Conference Schedule, Information, and Registration
- EDS Wellness September 2017 Newsletter (contains CME information and events, research opportunities, recent publications & more!)
- 2017 Physicians Learning Conference Event Flyer (blue)
- 2017 Alternate Conference/Event Flyer (printable – white)
- 2017 Integrative Physicians Conference Agenda (Final)
- Physicians learning conference questionnaire
- EDS Wellness’ 2017 Physicians Learning Conference Liability and Photo Release
- EDS Wellness Photo Video Release Final
- Friends and Family 2017 Physicians Conference Sponsor letter (final)
- EDS Wellness Vendor/Sponsor Flyer PDF
- EDS Wellness Vendor/Sponsor/Partner Form PDF
- About EDS Wellness Flyer PDF
- NEW 2017 EDS Dx Criteria Outline PDF
- 2017 Physicians Learning Conference Attendee Zip File of Conference Materials & Documents (coming soon!)
Additional Continuing Medical Education & Professional Networking Opportunities:
(***Please note – All conferences and CME activities listed below are not EDS Wellness-related or specific to EDS, HSD, or hypermobility-related disorders and their comorbid conditions.***)
- EDS Wellness’ August 2017 Newsletter (contains CME information and events, research opportunities, recent publications & more!)
- Session – ‘Mast Cell Activation Features in Ehlers-Danlos/Joint Hypermobility Patients: A Retrospective Analysis in Light of an Emerging Disease Cluster’ – November 7th, 2017. Presented at the 2017 American College of Rheumatology Annual Meeting – November 3-8, 2017 in San Diego, CA
- Pain Management for Patients with Hypermobility Disorders: Frequently Missed Causes of Chronic Pain’ – Open Access CME/Continuing Ed Activity Published by Linda Bluestein, M.D., one of EDS Wellness’ Medical Advisory Board Members
- ‘Often Seen, Rarely Recognized – Updates in Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, and Mast Cell Activation Syndrome’ – Sponsored by CentraCare Health in St. Cloud Minnesota. Date: September 16th, 2017. Please view link above and event brochure for additional information contact information for questions or to inquire about on possible presentation recordings.
- The HMSA Kent Model – A comprehensive medical education program & patient care model developed by the Hypermobility Syndromes Association (HMSA) for healthcare providers concerning the proper diagnosis and management of patients with hypermobility-related disorders. To learn more, please visit ‘The HMSA Kent Model.’
- ‘New Education/Training Program for Healthcare Providers Wanting to Learn Very Practical Integrative Medicine Skills’ – A professional education program through University of Maryland’s Center for Integrative Medicine
- 2018 International Congress on Integrative Medicine & Health – May 8-11th, 2018 – Baltimore, Maryland. Healthcare professionals who wish to submit abstracts should do so by October 11th, 2017. EDS Wellness is planning on submitting an abstract on for possible presentation on Integrative Medicine for EDS/HSD. To learn more, please visit 2018 International Congress on Integrative Medicine & Health.
To help EDS Wellness’ provide medical education activities and events, or to learn additional ways to support our patient-focused initiatives and programs, please visit Donations. To donate direct (donations are 100% tax-deductible), please go here. Tax ID # 81-1592109 – Link to PDF. Other business documents and information can be found here. Questions? [email protected].