WHY WE NEED YOUR HELP
EDS Wellness, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit in the state of Maryland. All proceeds received from any of EDS Wellness’ fundraisers, EDS Ride for a Cause fundraising events, monies raised from other fundraising events, donations, or proceeds earned from the sales of EDS Wellness swag, will be used to support various initiatives under the EDS Wellness umbrella. A few of these initiatives are the “Just 5 Minutes” mission (see description below), health education programs & services, patient advocacy, Integrative Wellness Conferences & Retreats, the EDS Wellness HelpLine, digital and printed media resources for both patients and providers.
Who is EDS Wellness, Inc.?
EDS Wellness, Inc. is a non-profit organization promoting health education, integrative healthcare, and wellness strategies for living well hypermobility syndromes, such as Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS), other connective tissue diseases, and related comorbidities, through print and digital media resources and materials, seminars, webinars, conferences, health coaching, and patient advocacy.
EDS Wellness provides education on various movement, nutrition, and mind-body therapies by collaborating with healthcare practitioners and like-minded organizations, to improve the quality of life and overall well-being of individuals living with chronic, complex, and multisystemic illnesses.
EDS Wellness collaborates with like-minded organizations and healthcare practitioners on various projects to provide information & resources for patients, caregivers, and the medical professionals who care for them. EDS Wellness focuses on helping patients live well while living with a chronic medical condition(s).
EDS Wellness/Wellapalooza direct PayPal link or http://www.wellapalooza.com/donations/
Bravelets Campaign Link
Give Forward Campaign Link
Just Give Campaign Link
PayPal Donation Button
Our current projects and initiatives:
– Moving Naturally with Hypermobility Seminar – Seminars that I’ve put together with DPTs that focus on physical therapy, exercise, and natural movement approaches for hypermobility syndromes. The idea is to help people focus on how they can help themselves at home – move better, etc. and also find proper resources or a PT.
Date – Fall 2016
Place – TBD
– Women’s Health Conference (mentioned above) – The focus is on the various comorbid conditions that overlap with each other and they all can relate to different chronic pelvic pain conditions. I’m working to coordinate speaker availability but have also been trying to coordinate resources with Pain Down There.
Date – late Fall 2016 or Jan/Feb 2017
Place – TBD (webinar/virtual attendance option also)
– Physicians learning conferences – 2 dates – one day in the fall Oct/Nov. 2016 and one in the spring end of March – early June 2017.
– Dedicated HelpLine with extensive options for receiving help – email, open phone line, and appointment scheduling.
– Patient Advocacy, support group leading training, other health education programs
– Personal wellness coaching and patient advocacy services
– Mind-Body classes and educational courses focused on movement, nutrition and mindfulness strategies for living well while living with a chronic illness
– Integrative Wellness Conference 2017 – Estimated date(s) early June 2017. I’m waiting to confirm hotel and venues, and I also need to confirm speakers. Looking into abroad wellness conferences as well.
– The “Just 5 Minutes” Initiative – “Motivation for life, and mission to heal, restore and empower the human spirit – one yoga mat at a time. #Just5Minutes at a time.”
The “Just 5 Minutes” initiative is about creating a movement. It’s about spreading awareness through a shared message. It’s about working together to help build momentum and the motivation to do something for 5 minutes each day — because something is better than nothing.
The “Just 5 Minutes” mission is a program developed to help provide yoga mats and other necessary PT and home exercise equipment for those living with EDS and other hypermobility syndromes.
– Spanish version of our new EDS Integrative Healing Brochure
– Recently resigned the new EDS Integrative Healing Brochure
– Mast Cell Activation Syndrome Brochure
– EDS Ride for a Cause – December 4th, 2016 at Zengo Cycle in Bethesda, MD
– Gala fundraiser – TBD
– Patient Education Videos in collaboration with community physicians
– EDS and Kids e-book (will be released any day!)
– Living with EDS/Hypermobility program with local wellness centers
– Research initiatives on integrative therapies