You must be there!
The 1st official fundraiser benefitting EDS Wellness, Inc. & the 2nd Annual EDS Ride for a Cause at Zengo Cycle in Bethesda, MD!
I’m so excited to be putting together a fundraiser that supports EDS Wellness (& the work I do)!
We will have drinks, snacks, and free giveaways!
You do not have to be local to participate, or be able to take part in the class. You can donate a bike seat in honor of yourself or honor of someone else.
Registration will be through Zengo Cycle’s website. An announcement will be made at the time that registration is live.
Official Facebook event page for the EDS Ride for a Cause 2016 is: https://www.facebook.com/events/1020118844773527/?ti=icl
See details from the 1st EDS Ride for a Cause on May 31st, 2014.
Click on the discussion tab to read posts, additional details and see pictures!
And if you want to learn more about EDS Wellness, read below.
EDS Wellness is a registered non-profit organization promoting health education, integrative healthcare, and wellness strategies for living well with hypermobility syndromes, such as Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS), and related conditions, through print and digital media resources and materials, including seminars, webinars, conferences, coaching, and patient advocacy.
EDS Wellness provides education on various movement, nutrition, and mind-body techniques by collaborating with healthcare practitioners and like-minded organizations, to improve the quality of life and overall well-being of individuals living with EDS and other chronic, often invisible illnesses.
What projects is EDS Wellness, Inc. working on (i.e. Where do donated funds go?)
1. Wellapalooza– Integrative Health and Wellness conferences blending the best of modern medicine with integrative therapies for those suffering from chronic illnesses.
The coolest health & wellness conferences (& retreats!) ever!
Wellapalooza is a big part of the mission of EDS Wellness and served as the final push to transition to a registered non-profit.
Our 2nd Wellapalooza was held June 9-12th, 2016, and we are working to finalize dates for additional integrative Wellness conferences and retreats, as well as physician learning opportunities. We will be announcing dates soon!
2. Moving Naturally with Hypermobility – Seminars focused on natural movement, physical therapy, health & wellness for those with all types of hypermobility syndromes, and the healthcare providers who care for them.
Move More. Move Better.
We held our first Moving Naturally with Hypermobility seminar last June with great success. A proposal has been discussed and is being submitted to The Mindfulness Center in Bethesda, MD, in hopes of not only being able to hold these important seminars on our own but also being able to offer them in collaboration with the incredible people and programs associated with The Mindfulness Center.
We will also be offering these seminars regularly through live broadcasts, podcasts, and webinars.
3. Just 5 Minutes – Motivation for life, and mission to heal, restore and empower the human spirit – one yoga mat at a time. #Just5Minutes at a time.
Just 5 Minutes is probably the hallmark project of all that I do and serves as the foundation for EDS Wellness, Inc. Growing and expanding on the Just 5 Minutes mission and brand is one of my personal goals this year, and it’s also one of the primary goals for EDS Wellness. The plan is, to begin with live “Just 5 Minutes” broadcasts via Periscope. We will also record Just 5 Minutes video clips to upload to both YouTube and strengthflexibilityhealtheds.com, while we build the Just 5 Minutes website.
Most importantly, we have been looking for the perfect yoga mat company to partner with – a company that also believes in the mission of Just 5 Minutes. By the end of the year, we should have very special yoga mats that say “Just 5 Minutes” on them. These yoga mats will be gifted to the people within the community(ies) that we serve through various classes, courses, conferences, retreats, and more. We will also sell these yoga mats through the EDS Wellness and Wellapalooza “swag” shop.
4. EDS Ride for a Cause – Charity events on bikes or indoor spinning bikes, benefitting Ehlers-Danlos syndrome non-profit organizations (I.e. – this event!). EDS Ride for a Cause is a trademark of EDS Wellness, Inc. Information on how to set-up your own EDS Ride for a Cause is available to individuals, support groups, other charities and non-profit organizations, or companies, who would like to put together their cycling fundraiser benefitting an EDS non-profit or support group. We provide information on the necessary step to take to organize a similar fundraiser, relevant materials, and permission to use the EDS Ride for a Cause name.
5. Invisible Strength – Stronger 2 Gether – (previously known as “Our Stories of Strength” & Series title of the first EDS anthology Our Stories of Strength – Living with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome) – anthology series sharing stories of strength, hope & perseverance from those living with chronic, often invisible illnesses. We are #Stronger2Gether.
6. Educational materials (print) – Natural Healing with EDS brochure recently redesigned and released — a collaborative project with Dr. Clair Francomano, her son and a few others. Also, an EDS and Kids e-book with Sarah of My Stripy Life is one of the other projects that are near completion.
7. Educational information & materials (digital) – Dissemination of reputable information on EDS and related conditions through various digital media platforms such as podcasts, live broadcasts on Periscope, webinars, recorded educational videos in collaboration with community physicians, and of course, Wellapalooza conferences.
8. Health Coaching & Patient Advocacy – EDS Wellness will be utilizing the MINDBODY app to integrate software into my sites for seminars, events, workshops, and scheduling health education/health coaching appointments. In the future, yoga and restorative exercise classes and appointments will also be scheduled through the MindBody app.
EDS Wellness affiliated projects (“other” EDS-related projects that do not fall directly under EDS Wellness):
1.Strength/Flexibility/Health/EDS – NEW and ONLY digital magazine for those striving to live well with EDS and other chronic medical conditions.
“Strength, Flexibility, and Health, while living with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) and it’s related conditions.”
New website redesign and the website is officially relaunching soon!
2. The Hypermobile Yogi – Providing information and resources on how to practice yoga safely with joint hypermobility, including a series of 4 courses that will be available online once recorded. The Hypermobile Yogi website and related social media accounts, serve as my “journal” requirement for the yoga instructor program and follow my journey through the yoga instructor training program with The Mindfulness Center. The series of 4 classes on yoga for hypermobility syndromes, also fulfill a program requirement.
3. Mast Cell Research – Sharing research, information, and publications on Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS) and other Mast Cell Activation Disorders, including information on Dr. Afrin’s new book, Never Bet Against Occam: Mast Cell Activation Disease and Chronic Illness and Medical Complexity published by Sisters Media, LLC.