Wellapalooza 2016 – Retreat details you will want to know. Registration Extended and More – please read!
* Retreat schedule has been updated. Please see updated schedule here.
* There are additional schedule details that we still need to confirm. Updates will be posted as soon as we have them.
* If you plan on using the healing environments or participating in any of the aqua classes, you must bring a bathing suit.
* Haven on the Lake has a fantastic lounge/locker room with places to sit and rest. There’s also several lounge areas in addition to the locker rooms.
* Most presentations other than Rebecca Snow’s on Saturday morning and Dr. Afrin’s on Saturday evening at Turf Valley will be held in yoga studios at both The Mindfulness Center and Haven on the Lake. We will have several seating options in the studios, and if needed, we can provide a yoga mat and blankets for you to sit or lay down. We’ve done our best to ensure that seating is as comfortable as possible.
* Turf Valley has generously extended the group block room rate for anyone else who may want to reserve a room, and they have added another room option. The group discounted rates are $144 per night plus tax for an executive king room, and $119 per night plus tax for a standard room with either one queen or two double beds. To make a reservation, please call 410-465-1500. www.turfvalley.com
* Registering for classes at The Mindfulness Center on Friday, June 10th – registration will be handled through me. I will provide details approx. mid-week. However, if you are registered for all three days, or for Friday, June 10th, and already know which classes (or all) that you would like to participate in, please send me an email with your request(s). Send email to Kendra@wellapalooza.com
*Registering for classes at Haven on the Lake on Saturday, June 11th and Sunday, June 12th – Registration must be done by calling Haven on the Lake directly (410-715-3020) the day of the class(es) that you would like to register for starting at 7 am. What that means is that for classes on Saturday, you can call to reserve a spot starting at 7 am on Saturday morning. Similarly, for classes on Sunday, you can call to reserve a spot starting at 7 am on Sunday.
* Registering for salt cave sessions at Haven on the Lake on Saturday, June 11th and Sunday, June 12th – Registration must be done by calling Haven on the Lake directly (410-715-3020) the day that you would like to book a salt cave session. You can call as early as 7 am the day of, and sessions are booked on the hour. The salt cave seats 6 people per session.
* I’ve attached a schedule of classes for both wellness venues below. We recommend becoming familiar with the classes offered ahead of time. I will make sure to send out emails and post updates with reminders of the class registration process, including the schedule of classes offered at each venue per day.
* Group Wellapalooza Classes do not require registration. However, if you plan on participating in the aqua fusion class at 4:30 pm on Saturday, you must remember to bring your bathing suit. Please also let us know if you require assistance getting from the locker/lounge room to the pool area. Haven on the Lake does have a chair lift, but I cannot promise the level of chlorine in the air within the indoor pool area.
* All spa & wellness appointments are NOT part of your Wellapalooza registration and are additional costs that each attendee is responsible for. If you would like to book a spa or wellness appointment at either The Mindfulness Center (301-986-1090), Haven on the Lake (410-715-3020), or Turf Valley (410-203-2755), you may book your appointments now. Please call each venue directly to book your appointments. The Still Point Spa at Haven on the Lake has generously offered 20% off all full-service appointments and regular priced products for all Wellapalooza attendees.
* The Mindfulness Center is offering 10% off their Yoga Teacher Training Program for Wellapalooza attendees — the same program that I’m currently enrolled in. They also have a fantastic Meditation Instructor Training Program – virtual and in-person registration options.
* Sponsors, Vendors, and Wella Swag – We are working on confirming our raffle prizes, sponsors, possible vendors, and what will be included in as Wella Swag for attendees. Updates will be provided soon, and
also posted on our website.
* We welcome all monetary, product, and service donations, and we are happy to provide a receipt for tax purposes. We also have options for vendor tables. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, if interested. Or, go to Wella Partners
* Virtual attendance – We have been looking into virtual attendance, but have no way of knowing if we will be able to offer this option. There are a lot of logistics that must be worked out to provide virtual attendance, and I do not know if all are possible at this point. If we can provide it, there will be a charge. Virtual participation also depends on the quality of the wi-fi offered at each venue – something we have no way of knowing ahead of time and also cannot guarantee.
* Live streaming via Facebook or Periscope – We will be streaming live off and on all three days of Wellapalooza either from the Wellapalooza or EDS Wellness Facebook pages, or the Wellapalooza Periscope account. However, we will not be streaming entire presentations. Doing so proved somewhat difficult, especially when trying to manage a video camera recording each presentation. However, there will still be plenty of fun stuff to see and listen to.
* Video recordings of presentations – We will be recording all presentations, provided the speaker agrees. However, recordings will most likely not be posted publicly. Once we determine how to best handle the video recordings, we will post an update.
* Limited copies of Dr. Afrin’s book newly published book ‘Never Bet Against Occam: Mast Cell Activation Disease and the Modern Epidemics of Chronic Illness and Medical Complexity’ (2016) will be available for purchase, for those interested.
* Registration deadline has passed, but we’ve extended registration; however, we are outside of the refund window. We are locked into paying for the final number of attendees that we’ve provided to each venue and have paid a deposit for. Unfortunately, we have not received monetary donations to help supplement the cost of holding Wellapalooza, allow for refunds, or for scholarships. The plan is to have more wiggle room with future Wellapalooza conferences and retreats, but building a non-profit takes time and money – especially one that has a huge initiative such as Wellapalooza that is part of its mission. Adding attendees is far easier than having to come up with the funds to offset a deficit from giving refunds after costs have been set. We appreciate your understanding (my husband does too!).
* If anyone would like to help with a certain aspect of Wellapalooza, or knows someone would be open to volunteering their time, please provide them my email address. Kendra@wellapalooza.com
* Reminder – if you are sensitive to chlorine (like me) or other potential triggers, please understand that we cannot guarantee a perfect, reaction-free environment for everyone. We have no way of knowing or judging how safe (or not) a specific environment is for each person attending Wellapalooza. Each of us comes willingly and participates at our own risk. We also must do our due diligence to ensure our personal comfort and safety. However, there are times when we decide to take calculated risks in order to enjoy life and live as much as possible — only you can make the best decision for you.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns and I look forward to seeing everyone later this week!
– Kendra Neilsen Myles, Team Wella